What's new

Some good soon to be discontinued discs I should get? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'm just wondering what good discs that are soon to be discontinued that I should get. You can see what I already have in my signature area. Thanks.

StephenA

Screenwriter
My mom got it for me for Christmas. I opened it before I read the back and she lost the slip.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - 30th Anniversary Edition (Full Screen) (1971)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Stephen, I recommend picking up the Patton 2-disc special edition while they are on the shelves because they are becoming pretty rare.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'm already embarrassed about it, don't need to make me feel worse. I'm gonna pawn the Willy Wonka I have someday and get the right version. Just forget it's on my list, and go on with the question I asked.

Steve Lockwood

Stunt Coordinator
What's this?!?!?
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory - 30th Anniversary Edition (Full Screen) (1971)
Beauty!!! I fell out of my chair! :)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Oh, you may also want to pick up the Dances With Wolves DTS 2-disc set. They were out of print, but it seems like they have resurfaced in Best Buys all over the country.

Steve Lockwood

Stunt Coordinator
What's this?!?!?
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beauty!!! I fell out of my chair! :)

Matthew H

Second Unit
I picked up Big Trouble in Little China 2-Disc recently and am very satisfied. I'd say give that a go.

JamesCS

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just wondering what good discs that are soon to be discontinued that I should get.
StephenA, just go to Best Buy, look on the back side of each DVD, and pick up any title that specifies "Widescreen Version" or "Original Aspect Ratio" :D

StephenA

Screenwriter
I do get OAR whenever it's available. I just happened to get the Willy Wonka that wasn't in it's OAR for Christmas from my mom. I don't like pan and scan at all.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Can someone confirm if the two-disc Fight Club is going OOP?
Is Fox making this just a one-disc'er?

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
Can someone confirm if the two-disc Fight Club is going OOP?
Is Fox making this just a one-disc'er?
According to DVDFILE Fight Club is going to become a one-disc'er like Independence Day and The Abyss:
"Discontinued are the two disc-sets of Sound of Music, Fight Club and Big Trouble in Little Trouble, with new single-disc special editions also being released on 8/27 and yet again for $19.95. All feature the same extras as on the first disc of the existing editions; only the second platter has been dropped."
DVDFILE

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Rocky Horror is going on moratorium and won't be available in any form for some time, so grab it while you can!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks