What's new

software dvd doesnt work, help! (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i reformatted my hard drive last night, and now software dvd player doesnt work. i have windvd 3, realone player, media player 9, all doesnt work.

after inserting the disc, it shows the fbi warning...and when the content starts, it crashes.

dvdrom is a plextor, forgot the number.win xp home, sp1.

p4 3.06 hyperthreading fsb 533
asus P4G8X Deluxe
gainward geforce4 ti4600
sdram pc2700 2 gig

and i installed directx9 even though the vidcard doesnt support it.

i have no clue where to start crushing this problem. device manager didnt show any error.

thanks in advance.

Jonny K

Second Unit
It could be any number of things. I'd guess it's either video or sound drivers. Make sure you have the newest of both.

Jonny K.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
well, this is the story so far.

i reformatted hard drive AGAIN. clean win xp install.

first thing to do was to install the old detonator driver that came with vid card, then installed soundblaster audigy driver, came with the card itself.

also made sure that i installed the mobo driver that was bundled with the package.

tried windvd4, crashed.

then i went to nvidia, downloaded wdm driver AND the newest detonator. went to soundblaster.com for the newest driver.

still crashed. see, the crashing point is just after the fbi warning ( 3rd screen, when disney logo just come out -> i have tried other dvds, not just disney's )

so i tried windows media player 9. un-updated yet.

when crashed, it says "windows media player cannot play this dvd because a problem occured with analog copyright protection."

well i dont get it. i have windvd that comes with both mobo and videocard, both didnt work. media player didnt work, realone player didnt work. so i guess i went to kazaa and got powerdvd and windvd4 plus, both didnt work. crashed at the same point.

called plextor earlier today, they told me to install intel's driver ( well i did, because mobo cd has the intel driver ).

i have no idea what happened; it used to work just fine.

what to do now?

thanks in advance

Jonny K

Second Unit
Yikes. Well, since every program under the sun all seems to have trouble with that copy protection stuff, you can narrow it down. It's gotta be something to do with copy protection. Is the protecion web based? Maybe it's your DVD-Rom?

Jonny K.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
hi jonny, thanks for trying to help, appreciate it.

well i bought windvd platinum from intervideo, and it works. i think i messed up with the windvd from kazaa. if i am not mistaken i tried version 4.0 and that made everything screwed up. well at least i now have a legal copy on my pc. expensive but worth it.

Jonny K

Second Unit
Ah. Maybe the program has some sort of funky copy protection so that if you copy it, you end up having trouble watching movies? No idea.

Happy it works though.

Jonny K. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks