What's new

So we're never going to get Family Guy on R1 DVD ever? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I heard that because people are saying it's cancelled and that it needs to be in syndication to be on DVD. Is it true we're never getting this show here in the US on DVD?

~Kevin

ChrisLee

Stunt Coordinator
Never say Never. They'll be released on DVD if they see that there is money to be made.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's true that Fox Television wants to run the show in syndication before they allow a DVD release. I promise you that the Family Guy discs are probably already done and sitting at Fox (well, the PAL discs are done, why not do the NTSC at the same time?). Plenty of shows have been run on cable that haven't hit the minimum for broadcast syndication, I'm positive Family Guy will show up on FX at some point soon, along with Futurama, and then both will hit DVD soon afterwards.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
The PAL R2 disc of Season 1 is pretty poor. The box is misslabled as 5.1, there's digital break up in one of the episodes and audio dropouts in a good deal more. I need to try and get Fox UK contact information to see if they ever, or intend to fix these issues.

In comparison to the Futurama set which I got same day, the Family Guy disc is pretty rough looking transfer wise, below broadcast quality thanks to countless jaggies and shimmering effects. Not an unwatchable disc by any means, but it has issues I hope are sorted before it hits R1.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks