What's new

So Universal suprised me, No Mummy Returns U.E. (1 Viewer)

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
With the coming of the Scorpion King, I seem to remember about a 1000 posts saying "how much do you want to bet that there will be a Mummy Returns U.E. with a coupon to see the Scorpion King?". Surprise, Surprise no U.E. and no coupon (god help the Scorpion King). Unless it's going to be in the 2 pack that will be released next week (I think...thanks but no thanks).

Has Universal gotten away from that promo? Or is there a U.E. on the horizon?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would also have to believe that Universal will release an UE of Scarface, even though this is an older film - after all, the first release was the Collector's Edition. What else would they call it?

you see the day you buy the current Mummy Returns is the day before the new jam packed Ultimate Edition will be announced. It's how studios work. They track these things, to make them annoying as possible.

DarrenA

Second Unit
While I am a bit surprised that Universal never released The Mummy Returns: Ultimate Edition DVD, it does seem they still want to tie in to the Scorpion King theatrical release with this Mummy/Mummy Returns DVD 2-pack...
B00005Y6ZS.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Don

Second Unit
best buy does have a scorpion king disc if you buy a few certain titles its the making of the scorpion king i think they should of done a mummy part 3 since some people were not impressed with the rocks acting. Don,

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
since some people were not impressed with the rocks acting
at the end. I don't think he has had the chance yet to show any REAL screen presence. I think he's a fairly charismatic guy and could be this decades next Arnold...

('cuz Arnold just ain't getting the job done...T3 may have to be his swan song)

DanR

Supporting Actor
Well, I'm happy they released the first movie as an Ultimate Edition. I enjoyed the 2 new commentaries, and the DTS outshines the original Dolby Digital release.

Not sure I'd pick up a Mummy Returns UE though, as i don't like that film as much as the first one. I got the first release, and that should do me just fine.

Regards,

Dan

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
I was just wondering about this too...I was able to get rid of the original Mummy for more $$$ than I paid for it, and picked up the UE, but swore I would not get Mummy Returns until the UE comes out. I still think there will be one, I am surprised it isn't out by now, but maybe we'll get it day and date with the Scorpion King. Hopefully that will be a UE to begin with...(knowing Universal, somehow I doubt it):angry:
I have pretty much sworn off buying re-releases, Memento being probably the last. Some much older films like Office Space I would not hesitate to pick up the SE, but as for curent flicks, nope. I will also be waiting for the 5 disc LOTR edition.

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry to revive an older thread, but just wondering... now that Scorpion King has been officially announced, has anyone heard anything regarding the long-rumoured Mummy Returns: UE??
Just wondering, because I can get the current CE at a sale price of C$20.00, (about US$12.70) but the sales clerk indicated that the sale will be on for only one more week. If there is no UE planned at all, then this price might be too good to pass up! :)
Thanks...

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
i reckon they haven't done Mummy Returns: UE because of rather lacklustre sales of the UE brandname. Hopefully this rubbish line will never resurface? It's pretty pathetic if Universal purposely didn't put extra features on the current disc to make way for a UE

HenrikTull

Second Unit
Still blows that Universal made the R1 DVD a 1 disc WITHOUT DTS, while R2 gets a 2 disc AND DTS. They should've done the same for R1. The reason I guess was that they were initally going to release an UE of MR, but then they saw the salefigures of the other UE's and said: "Why bother?".

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
It's really strange. The region 4 Mummy (original) got a UE re-release, but none of the other titles like American Pie or Meet Joe Black got a UE version...

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
Chad,

Do what I did and look around at blockbuster, disc-go-round, pawn shops etc...(i.e. 2nd hand places). I found an immaculate condition Mummy Returns for 12.00 CDN. Can't beat that and like I said, not a scratch on it. (I really luv 2nd hand DVD when it's in good shape....the price is definately right).

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Gordon, that's a good idea. I'll check out a few places around here and see what I can find!

I've bought many a used CD in the past, but have stayed away from used DVD. I guess I was just worried about the condition of the disc, based on what I've seen some rentals look like. But if good ones can be found out there, I'm willing to give it a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks