So. New Englander's Rejoice! Stateline Potato Chips are BACK!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Dave Hahn, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Dave Hahn

Dave Hahn Second Unit

Dave Hahn
    I went into my local convience store to get some chips for Thanksgiving and lo and behold, they had Stateline Potato Chips on the shelf. Wow! These are the best chips ever and have been unavailable for the past 20 years. I asked the owner when he started to stock them and he said he's had them for about three months now. (Damn that South Beach Diet! [​IMG])

As far as I can tell, they taste just like I remember them, although I didn't come across any "burnt chips" in the bag. [​IMG]

2. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

Ugh. Burnt chips suck. What's worse are those that have green on them. I still have no idea what that stuff is. BLEH!

- Colton

3. Greg.K

Greg.K Screenwriter

Greg K.
  4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

[​IMG]

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

There was, maybe still is, a place in Salem, NH called Granite State potato chips where you could buy a bucket and get them made right there. Don't know if they were the best tasting, but it brings back memories.

6. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

I'm not familiar with this brand being down here in Houston, but I'm always open to trying out other brands of potato chips[​IMG] I don't mind some of those burnt edges,reminds me of the old fashioned chips from years ago[​IMG]

7. Greg.K

Greg.K Screenwriter

Greg K.
    The aforementioned link also explains that brownish chips aren't "burnt", they're just made from potatoes with more sugar in them than normal due to having them sit around for a while.

8. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

But it's slightly contradictory because it says they aren't burnt, but it does say they are "Carmelized", which is what happens when you 'burn' sugar....ok, maybe not exactly BURN, but I can't think of another word for it.

9. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Well, I do get quite a few actually burnt corn chips when I go to my favorite local Mexican place, and I love it. I greatly prefer them to unburnt and always hope they leave them in a little too long the day I come in.

10. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Chu Gai: I live in Salem and can tell you that Granite State is still there. You can still buy it buy the bucket or by the bag. When I was little, my mom used to work there and she'd often have me there with her. She'd often give me a big pickle, a bag of potato chips, and a soda to snack on.