1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

So my parents asked me to find a good CD Changer

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Andrew IA, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Andrew IA

Andrew IA Auditioning

And I haven't kept up in HT for a good long while now. So if anyone could at least point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

They are probably looking to spend under $200 for a 5-disc changer and they don't need SACD capabilites.

Any recommendations would be FANTASTIC!

2. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

In my experience, I would recommend checking into a Yamaha CDC-685 5 disc changer. I did a one-on-one test with it and a Denon DCM-370, and preferred the Yammie better. But, your tasts may differ. Really, anything from Yamaha, Sony, Onkyo, H/K, Integra, Denon, etc. in this price range would probably get the job done for them. The Yammie did offer PlayXchange, which allowed you to change 4 discs while the 5th is still playing. May also want to check around on ebay or Audiogon.com for a better used model.

3. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

eCost has the Denon DCM-380 5 CD Changer w/ HDCD & MP3 capabilities for under 100.00 shipped. [​IMG]

4. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Second Unit

Can't hardly beat that deal with a stick...if I were still in the market for a 5 discer, I'd probably pull the trigger on that...