What's new

So are Warner codes no longer redeemable on iTunes? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
When I got Skull Island I redeemed our code on Vudu so I'd get the 4K code in our library, which iTunes does not support (yet). I got a second copy of Skull island with the 3D code and figured I'd redeem that one on iTunes. I went to the redemption URL and it asked me if I wanted to redeem on Flixster or the new Warner universal access. No iTunes available, and the code did not redeem directly in iTunes itself. So I chose the Warner doohicky and linked my UV account to it. So I can download a stupid Warner app to play this code on an Apple device but I cannot link it directly to iTunes any more?????

WRAAAAAAAA.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Warner titles haven't come with iTunes codes since around 2011... you redeem in UV and then use a UV-supported app like Vudu or Flixster on your Apple device to view it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Afraid not. But I believe that very early on into their transition from being iTunes only to being UV only, if you emailed them to complain, they'd send you a free iTunes download code for whatever the title was. I remember doing that for Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 -- Part 1 came with an iTunes code, and I wanted to have my digital copies of both movies as part of the same service, but the disc for Part 2 only came with a UV code. One quick email later, and I had an iTunes code too. I don't know how long they did that for or when they stopped.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Wraaa, I stupidly just redeemed King Arthur direct through Vudu and only got HDX. Would I have gotten UHD if I redeemed in the Warner iOS app??

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
And now I just redeemed Blade Runner via Vudu since it wouldnt redeem in the WB app and it came through UHD. WTF Warner, thanks tho but you confusing as hell!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Wraaa, I stupidly just redeemed King Arthur direct through Vudu and only got HDX. Would I have gotten UHD if I redeemed in the Warner iOS app??

From what I can find the 4K code should redeem the UHD if you entered it on VUDU. There were apparently others that only received HDX initially, but were able to get it upgraded to UHD by contacting one of the services. Flixster did it before they went belly up. VUDU customer service isn't always responsive via email, but apparently works better via phone. I'm not sure if Warner could do anything to help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks