What's new

Sleepaway Camp Set reviews up (1 Viewer)

Esten

Supporting Actor
I've only seen 3,and on cable.Though,since it's so cheap i'll be picking the set up,from best buy to get the SC4 disc.:)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
August 20. :)
And don't forget that to get the Special 4th disc you must get it from BEST BUY. Only they have the extra disc.

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
And for those of you in Canada, FutureShop is selling the box set with the fourth disc as well!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member

I just got my screener copies of Sleepaway Camp II and Sleepaway Camp III. I've watched both of them in a row (since they're only around 75 minutes each) and man, were they awful. At least they had that campy b-movie feel to them which made them enjoyable to watch.
I'll probably write my reviews tomorrow when I'm finished going through all the extras.

Bill Harris

Stunt Coordinator
Not to be a goof..but who cares!. Part 1 is still cut and Anchor Bay knows it. This seemed like a perfect time to fix an error that they knew about. The ending to Part 1 is still pretty amazing :)

Justin Gates

Agent
A word of warning on those reviews, they contain spoilers for the first movie. Just thought I'd mention it in case someone decides to read them and havent seen the original.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I wish Anchor Bay would give us a bonus disc of the the UNCUT, UNEDITED version of the first movie (which has been on VHS for years) as a bonus, so we don't have to watch the severly truncated print included in the set. :laugh:

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I wish Anchor Bay would give us a bonus disc of the the UNCUT, UNEDITED version of the first movie (which has been on VHS for years) as a bonus
Is the UNCUT footage even in good shape? As seen on the Sleepaway Camp III DVD, the uncut footage is in awful shape.

Also, I have a question about the sequels: did they ever get a theatrical release (let it be limited or wide) or did they just go straight to video?

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
The uncut footage is in excellent shape.

The movie was originally released to theatres and VHS in unedited form. It is Anchor Bay's DVD that is truncated.

They must have used a ptint that was cut by the BBFC or something.

It's not like I'm upset that some "workprint" footage is missing. I'm talking about something that was there all along and is now missing from the DVD!

The footage for part 3 was never in the original release. The DVDs of the sequels are OK. It's only the first film that is edited for DVD.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Part 1 had a pretty good theatrical run. It wasn't a hit or anything, but not a flop. The sequels were given smaller theatrical runs, before making their way to video.

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
Does this set have an earlier release date in Canada? I was able to pick it up this morning, and the store had 5 others prominently on display.

Mark

Chris M

Second Unit
I see that it was supposed to come out on the 20th, but futureshop.ca is showing it online, so it may be available already... not sure. They usually don't break street dates. This could be a Canada thing... though it's very odd for something to come out in Canada early.. they usually come out late :frowning:
Chris.

Chris M

Second Unit
I went into Futureshop Monday and they had the sets there... however, I'm not sure this is a street date violation as I said earlier because they've never done it before and it's on their website as well.

Very weird. But it is a good price!

Chris.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks