What's new

Sleep Apnea - Going for a Sleep Study (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
90 events an hour, Chris??? WOW!!!!
Gotta let us know about your first morning after a full night with the CPAP! Who knows, you might even be "Bright Eyed and Bushy Tailed", rather than the normal "Bushy Eyed and Dragy Tailed!" :)
I go in for my sleep study on 3/7/01. I'm almost kinda looking forward to this.
Howard, sounds like what they gave you is a Pulse Oxygen meter, which measures the saturation of oxygen in your bloodstream. It may be a different way of recording if you stop breathing during the night, rather than the formal sleep study. Let us know what the doctor says about your results!
Rafael, I'm glad the surgery worked for you. I was reading in the doctors office that they do a snore control surgery using RF (radio frequency), which uses much smaller incisions, and has a quicker healing time with less pain. (Sounds like what want.) It tightens up the skin on the soft pallate, which opens the airway better. I almost hope the surgery is a viable alternative for me, rather than a machine. It would be nice to be cured, rather than treated.
By the way, isn't the HTF the frickin coolest community on the net. I type a message about something I am going through, and within a day, I get to talk with people going through the same thing! Even someone going for a sleep study that same day. This forum rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks