What's new

Six Feet Under - 3/17/02 (1 Viewer)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Great episode, as usual.
Does Gabriel taking the cell phone from Claire and her touching/fingerprinting the gun set her up for a fun time with the police? I know Keith means well, but could she be walking into trouble??
The storyline with Brenda is working out nicely as well, I like how they are finally making her realize she has no real 'life' and isn't as smart as she thinks she is :)

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, great episode. I still can't believe how good all of these characters are! All of the actors and actresses do an exceptional job each and every show.

I really like the Keith Charles character. He's a good guy and is played to perfection by Mathew St. Patrick, IMHO.

I really think that Brenda is a couple sandwiches short of a picnic and is heading for some sort of breakdown sooner than later. It may be when Nate finally gets around to telling her about his AVM condition.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I think Brenda also saw that guy from the bar. I think he was her late client. I think there's going to be at least a temporary split between those too. Brenda is awfully selfish and that is going to play into her downfall.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I loved the scene in the classroom when the teacher told her to read the book before discussing it. I think we've all known a few Brenda-type students. :)
I was really surprised to see the violent reaction from Gabriel, sure he's not a great kid, but this was just too sad. It didn't feel tacked on though, it seemed like something his character could do, and then regret it.
/Mike

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I loved the scene in the classroom when the teacher told her to read the book before discussing it. I think we've all known a few Brenda-type students.
The thing I love about this show is that the prof was an insufferable pompous clown, so there was no real "winner" in that exchange. Just two screwed-up people trying and failing to communicate.

The thing about Brenda is that she *is* so very smart, but she has no idea what to do with it apart from play mind games with people. Which is a problem I've noticed many smart people have.

And yeah, Gabe's total breakdown was scary stuff, but totally believable given his past actions. I've hated that creepy sleaze since the moment he first appeared, as I was meant to. My reaction was the same as Nate's -- "Why do you keep sticking up for that loser?" -- and I was rebuked by Keith right along with Nate.

You know it's a great show when you feel like you're *in* the scene...

Ryan

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
As much as I like Rachel Griffiths as an actress, I hate Brenda as a person, regardless of her fucked-up past. If Nate were my friend I would have to tell him to dump her. Her sanity is not his responsibility. Nor is Gabe's problems Claire's responsibility.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Larry,
I think that is the point isn't it? We are supposed to hate them and realize that they reflect others in our lives that we see all the time, but can't do anything about when our friends/family won't listen to us!!
Besides, you have to have someone to root for and against and characters that inject conflict and good storylines :)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Ryan, yes I agree that there was no "winner". That's the thing about this show, there are no real "bad guys" or "good guys", they're just people.

/Mike

Chris

Senior HTF Member
You said exactly what I think about Brenda's character.. at some point, you'd cut bait.

But what I found humorous was that here he is in a relationship with someone I would determine as a psycho, and he's berating his sister for her choice.. when he's rebuked with "because she loves him" I was thinking: "and look who you're with.."

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i caught the tail end of some hbo quick peek special about the show for this year.
andy ball said we can expect a lot more "external" characters coming into play this season. hopefully that'll add a nice dynamic to this already excellent show.
gabe's going off the deep end...did you see how tweaked he looked! talk about stressed!
i'm glad claire turned him in...is it me or is she the only balanced one in the group! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks