What's new

Sin City Pushed Back To 2009 (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
ah, the temptation... maybe I'll get lucky and find a 2-pack somewhere so I can feel less guilty
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
I was also happily surprised to see Sin City on the self on Tuesday. I had not heard a thing about it being released.

I picked it up along with Kill Bill.

Got to love those romantic comedies! :laugh:

Rolando

Screenwriter
so is it confirmed that it was only released in Canada and not the US? If so, anyone know why? Are they getting a better release?

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Hmm....Import Sin City on Blu-ray........any other time I'd jump on this but with a pile of unwatched BD's and more coming every week I think I'll wait it out until early next year and see if a fully loaded US release gets announced.

If not then I'll pick this up. No rush.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Jim, thats kind of how i feel. I need to catch up on what i have already. Really, i wanted to get From Dusk til Dawn worse, so i can ditch the old non anamorphic DVD. I would keep the bonus DVD of course, great doc!

It will come out soon enough.

Loregnum

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob

I haven't watched the whole movie yet but did go through a bunch of scenes and felt it looked great.

Watching on the JVC RS2 at 106" via PS3.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Don't mean to be *too* pedantic, but: this is the same cut as the (original release) DVD I already had. Expected. The BD AR is 1.78:1, the DVD is 1.85:1. Unexpected.

I cannot tell the diff on my CRT-based display (overscan). Most of you have LCD/plasma (no inherent overscan). Can you tell the diff? Should I be on my high horse about non-theatrical AR? Even though I can't tell *now*. But I know about it...

The U.S. BD release is specced as 1.78:1 too. Somehow, I just expect the U.S. release to be "better" since it's delayed for some reason. Didn't see anything wrong with this one myself...

Loregnum

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
IMO I think one is splitting hairs between the diff of 1.78:1 and 1.85:1. MY RS2 has no overscan and on the 106" sized image we're talking maybe 3-4 inches total I'd guess (I could do the math but am too lazy to) and for me, that is pretty small and I doubt anything of real value is at the very edges of the 1.85:1 image that would get cut off being zoomed in a bit and make the movie inferior. I guess though it could be that this is opened up so more is showing at the top/bottom with this AR. I'm not that knowledgeable with aspect ratios to know the ins and outs of it all.

I respect the opinion of those who may have issue with it but to me I really do not care and I would have never known had you not pointed it out. It's not like a 2.35:1 AR being hacked up to show on hd network tv at 1.78:1 or anything where you can tell something is way off.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Yeah, I know what you mean. It didn't bother me so much that I didn't buy it... With my display (and I can't play BD on my PCs) there's no easy way I can tell if the packaging is wrong for the AR even, just like it is for the audio format.

Loregnum

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rob
Hmm, I am pretty sure it is indeed 1.78:1 as I don't recall seeing the thin bars and my RS2 has no overscan. I could be wrong though but when I fully watch it I'll probably remember this and check for confirmation.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks