What's new

Simpsons Movie Finally Under way (1 Viewer)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
The teaser seemed oddly like another animated show's, which had one famous episode called "Simpson's Already Did It", teaser trailer. South Park. :)

Haven't been watching the Simpsons for some time but I look forward to the movie.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The preview was funny, and I liked that it incorporated the Superman logo - much the same way the preview for Austin Powers 2 incorporated the Star Wars imagery.

Louis-Olivier

Stunt Coordinator
I stopped watched the simpsons years ago but will definately see this in the theatre!

If this is half as good as the southpark movie this will be a keeper!

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I have to see it to believe it.

There has just been way too many false rumors in the past with this project.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Huh? This isn't a rumour. This isn't some actor claiming to have been invited to be a guest voice on the movie.

This is a theatrically released trailer, with confirmation by James L Brooks that it is being made, complete with release date announcement, and pointers to it on the Fox Movies website and the official Simpsons website.

At what point would this stop being a rumour?

EricW

Senior HTF Member

even if you're parodying Disney? (i know Supes isn't Disney, i was just curious)

Mark Hawley

Second Unit
Well there was "Scratchtasia" and "Steamboat Itchy" and what was Roger Meyer Sr.'s film "Nazi Superman are our Superiors" alluding to?;)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
While I'm hoping for a South Park, I'm sure it will be closer to the SpongeBob movie. The SpongeBob movie was basically a 90 minute TV Episode, and if the Simpsons don't do anything 'edgy', it will probably be as well.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'm really looking forward to this. I think it will be great, but of course, I even like the new Simpsons episodes.

Anyone else get sad when they think about the fact that Phil Hartman is not gonna be in it? I still miss his characters everytime I watch the show. :frowning:

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Oh definitely! Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure were genius characters and I'm glad the show didn't keep them on with a different voice actor.

Blake Siefken

Stunt Coordinator
A few years ago I remember reading that one of the producers said the film would be about Bart's first sexual experience. I hope that's not the case.

I'm not as excited about this as I would have been if they'd made it ten years ago. And unless John Schwartzwelder is involved - count me out.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
"I'm part of the mob!" :laugh:

Those two clips were better than anything on the show these days. I'm so damn pumped for this :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks