Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
Hello all it's reciever upgrade time... Here's what I'm running

Diva Swans 6.1,C3,R3.

I have my eye on a few options

a. Pioneer Elite 49TX

b. Denon 4802

c. Outlaw 950/770 pre/pro amp combo

All three seem like great options. I listened to the 49tx and it sounds and looks great. I've heard alot of positive things about the Denon, and know WHEN the 950 comes out it will sound terrific. Sooo.. please give your opinions thanks.

~Jon~

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Hmm, not familiar with it?
How old is it?
Heres my question:
What subwoofer, if any are you running with your setup?
OK, here goes my OPINION.
If you dont have a good woofer, id get a lower priced unit such as a Denon 3802 for around $800-$900 and get a good sub such as a SVS woofer or a Definitive tech or HSU or Paradigm, etc.
Reason i say this is cuz when i demoed the Swans at a friends i really noticed a lack of low end on them.
They are beautiful speakers and i really wanted them, but they just dont have the low end.
If youve already got a good sub, then id probably go with the Denon 4802 :D
Good Luck!!

Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
THanks for the reply, I have a SVS 20-39pc already. I have the 6.1 Swans up front and to me they have great lowend.

The Denon is definately less expensive than the others I mentioned but has less features and power though. I'm still looking and reading trying to make up my mind.

Thanks again, Jon

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
The Denon Power ratings might be overrated (this coming from a denon owner, 4802 matter of fact), but I can't tell the difference, it really cranks. but I don't think its fair to compare the amp section of the 4802 with the 49TX... the 49TX is a real beast. Why not consider the 5800 + upgrade or 5803 soon? That would be a more fair comparison.

Haven't heard the 950/770, but then you get the benefit of having seperates. Do you constantly get upgrade fever? That might weigh into your decision as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks