What's new

Simple Question (1 Viewer)

Rich Corle

Stunt Coordinator
On my Toshiba SD-1700 it has a Shrink feature which is basically like zoom but it is shrink. I have a 4:3 32 inch tv (can't afford flat or wide, i'm 15) and there is a little bit of distortion obviously on my 4:3 TV. Using The shrink feature it puts the entire picture on my screen for me to see. Sure the actual height of the movie is smaller and wider, but atleast I get to see the WHOLE picture. Is this a good solution to distortion? Is there any glitches with this feature at all? Would you recommend I watch my movies with this since I have distortion? Please give me some feedback.

Rich Corle

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I may be wrong but I think the "Shrink" feature on my Toshiba is different than anamorphic squeeze, considering the "shrink" feature works on all my movies, including non-anamorphic ones like The Abyss.

Rich Corle

Stunt Coordinator
C'mon, help me out here, please. Also, on my Toshiba should I turn Dynamic Range Control On or Off? Please help me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks