What's new

Silver/Bronze Speaker Wire (2 Viewers)

JamieD

Supporting Actor
Howdy everyone.. was setting up a speaker system for a friend of mine and noticed that their speaker wire had one bronze colored line, and one silver colored line. Just wondering what the significance of this is..

Neeraj

Grip
I have seen this at Walmart on one of the speaker cables they carry. I believe the main reason is so that you can differentiate between the two...so that you don't hook it up the wrong way. But I am not sure if color is the only thing that separates these cables.

Anybody else know about this.

Dan Cabral

Stunt Coordinator
The Home Depot 12ga is the same way. It's like Neeraj said... it's so you can differentiate between the two so you can hook up the polarities correctly.

Inside, it's still copper.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
positive to positive, negative to negative. you pick the color you want to be it and just stick with it. different manufacturer's have different ways of differentiating which is which. You may even find wire that is copper both sides with the sheathing carrying the identification markings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks