What's new

Sideshow/Weta LOTR Collectibles (1 Viewer)

NiklasKarlsson

Stunt Coordinator
I´ve lately strated to sell a great deal of DVD´s and LD´s that just sits on the shelf and never watch. With these extra money I intend to strat collecting Sideshow stuff and some Star Wars stuff (Master Replicas). But what I havent figured out yet is how I will display/storage all these great items. I dont want to just put all of them in a simple shelf, I´d like to use something more exclusive as well as lighting. What are your thoughts about this.?

Kami

Screenwriter
Niklas I'm beginning to think about the same thing. These things are a huge investment, why not show them off properly?

Lighting is definitely key. A backlight of some sort and then some front lighting as well to create shadows. Depending on how the room is laid out, it could be a shelf that isn't against a wall so you can look from both sides. I wouldn't want mine behind glass, its just more interesting when its out in the open. Maybe even something that rotates? These things DO look good from all sides.

Either way it would be a cool weekend project to make some sort of unique display shelf/case/something.

NiklasKarlsson

Stunt Coordinator
I was actually at first thinking of glass doors and by that try to eliminate as much dust and cleaningefforts as possible. But I just dont think they would look the way that I like with doors.

A simple solution might just be a cheap Ikea shelf and replace the loose shelf-modules with glass.

Kami

Screenwriter
Wow, cool pics. Amon Hen is definitely my fav but I need to see more of Moria, hard to tell what it is in that pic!

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
All right, now you're getting picky;) I spend all day looking for this stuff and now you want more.
Just for that I'm not going to tell you about the Prancing Pony environment, or the Buckleberry Ferry one either.

Kami

Screenwriter
Sweet jeebus they made a lot of environments!!! I wonder how many will make the final "cut."

Thanks again for the pics. ;)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Too many environments, I think. Prancing Pony and Buckleberry Ferry? I hope you were just kidding.

They really should do the Argonath. If they can do a new Balrog in an unlimited edition, they can do a bigger Argonath.

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
Prancing Pony & Buckleberry ferry are two I was told about. I haven't been able to find pics of them. The other ones I posted pics from were shown in 2002 as part of the initial run. Whether thy are ever made? We should know soon.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Thanks for the heads-up on the coupon, Don.

I reordered the Morgul Lord as well as Sauron with the discount. I also added the Boromir Bust to this order. I've seen it a couple times, and really think the likeness is good.

I may keep my other Morgul Lord and Sauron orders for a while, to see if they sell out. If that's the case then I can always sell them on eBay :)

Kami

Screenwriter
Cool. That coupon DOES still work. I just checked the inside of my ROTK Xbox game and its valid til Feb 29. I am gonna wait til they announce their new products in a week or two and if there's nothing I wanna use it on there (doubtful) I'll apply it to one of my current orders (i heard sideshow will do this for you if you call them).

Darko

Stunt Coordinator
I never even thought of that, damn!. I used that code last night to order 2 Edoras & 2 Helms Deep.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Yeah, I called and asked them to apply the HMBOOK code to my Witch-King and Eowyn preorder. It was no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks