What's new

should there be a classic Nick?? (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I think it would be a good idea to have a classic or original Nick station.

where they have Orig. Double dare, Finders Keepers, Hey Dude! and You Can't Do That on Television!

and all the other first Nick TV shows

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm remembering Salute Your Shorts for some reason.

Galen_V

Second Unit
I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday! They already have some of the older game shows on GaS like Nick Arcade, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare, Finders Keepers, Get the Picture, Guts (although "What Would You Do?" and "Weinerville" are conspicuously absent). However, I would love to see Clarisa Explains it All, Are Your Afraid of the Dark, Secret World of Alex Mack, etc.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Galen,

What is GaS?

While I'm at it, this has nothing to do with Nick, but Nick Arcade made me think of this.

And this is NOT Nick Arcade
what is the TV show where kids played video games as a challenge, then at the end of the show, they got to pick from 10 arcade games, to try to beat the game(get all the way to end in so many minutes.
Most of the time, the kids chose Dragon's Lair.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Yeah it'd be great to have a Nick station that played all the shows from the mid 80's through 1997(which IMO is when Nick went straight to shit)

Van Patton

Second Unit
Hell yes!!! I'm 19 and this is what I grew up on! It would be awesome if they got a channel like that. I really don't know why they don't have one already.

Galen_V

Second Unit
John-
Nick Games and Sport (or GaS as they affectionately call it) is one of Nick's digital cable/satellite channels that mainly shows a lot of the older game shows from the late 80's and early 90's. Here is the link to the official website, although it is a little sparse on details:
http://www.nick.com/all_nick/gas/

The show listings can be found here, although they definitely favor some shows over others (I hardly see Wild & Crazy Kids on the air for example). They do have this real cool two hour block a couple of times a day called "Pumping Gas", where they show 5 different game shows back to back to back with no commercial interruption. For example, they may show "Figure it Out", "Guts", "Finders Keepers", "Super Sloppy Double Dare" and "Legends of the Hidden Temple" all in that two hour period. Overall, it's still a bit sparse on the variety of programming, but it's still worth a peep if you do get the network.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Pete & Pete
Clarissa Explains It All
The Secret World Of Alex Mack
Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

There are TONS of other great shows I'd love to watch again and again... and I can't understand why they waste their time playing 10 episodes of SPONGEBOB or whatever...

StephenA

Screenwriter
They definitely overdo it with the Nick Toons these days. They hardly have any non-animated shows on anymore. What they do have for non-animated shows now is either not their own or very sucky. I used to like All That a bit when they had the original people, but now it blows. I also liked Keenan and Kel a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks