What's new

should I pc or stick with basics (1 Viewer)

Dan C

Agent
I am new to home theater issues and I really want to put a great system together. I plan on using a Denon3803 7.1 THX receiver, Aragon 2005 5 channel amp, Monster power HTS5100,Sharp XV-Z12000U DLP Projector, Klipsch THX Ultra 2 7.1 speakers, Stuart Firehawk stationary screen (120 or 110 in. not sure yet), a DVD player (not sure what type but leaning toward Denon). My question to you guys is the HTF primer stated that HTPC's show dvd's with a better picture. I believe the Denon Dvd player was in between 600-700 dollars. I already own a powerful pc but would build a new one for the HT, would it be smarter to use a pc instead of purchasing a dvd player. I know it will cost more but it also is upgradeable, can be used for storage and many more things. Since this is the pc forum you will probably say pc but explain the other things I can use it for (advantages) and the downfalls (disadvantages). Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Dan C

Agent
Forgot to ask what a HTPC will cost around. I know it will cost more but it could be used for other things unlike a regular dvd player. Also does anyone have suggestions on what hardware to buy?

Thanks

Dan C

Agent
Ok here is another question I thought of : The store where I am purchasing the projector recommended a scaler or a processor. Something that improved the picture of a DLP projector. Can a HTPC do what I am trying to explain? I still use cable but it does have HD and I also pick up HD through the air will that make a difference eventhough I don't plan to watch tv in the theater (only special events ie. SuperBowl, NBA/MLB post season, ect.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks