What's new

Should I care about minor fore/aft difference in tripole surrounds? (1 Viewer)

Bob Lee

Agent
I am in the process of upgrading to a 7.1 configuration, and have selected M&K tripoles (Surround 55's) as my L/R surrounds. I would like to mount them to the wall directly to the sides of my seating position. On the left side this is no problem, as there's a stud inside my left wall that's perfectly placed. However, on the right side the wall stud is about 8 inches further back. Is this difference enough to be concerned about, or should I not really notice the difference since the tripoles will be diverting the sound anyway? Alternatively I can just mount the right speaker on the drywall, as according to the instructions on my speaker mounts (Omnimount) this is okay, but it seems to me that it would be much safer to mount it on wood. Anyone have any stories, good or bad, about mounting speakers on drywall?
------------------
Bob Lee

John H

Second Unit
Alternatively I can just mount the right speaker on the drywall, as according to the instructions on my speaker mounts (Omnimount) this is okay,...
In the past I used M&K tripoles with Omnimount brackets fastened to drywall with no problems.
John
------------------
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks