What's new

Should I be concerned about wearing a wireless headset at work 6-8 hours a day? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I work in a technical support call center. We often have to get up from our desk and go to different areas of the center to support field techs. My employer is offering everyone who wants to switch from the old wired Plantronics headsets to this new CS50 Wireless Office Headset System with Lifter.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...54/prod5210004

Should I not be concerned about wearing this set on my head every work day for 6-8 hours? Am I just being anal?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
To answer your questions in order:

1. No

2. Not anal. Paranoid. There's a difference. ;)

Every living thing on Earth is constantly bombarded, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with all kinds of radiation that would exist even if we had never learned to control fire, much less produce electricity on demand. Cosmic rays are passing through both our bodies even as we speak. You're exposed to more radiation getting in and out of your car every day than in a month's worth of wearing any kind of electronic device. There are naturally magnetic and radioative ores in trace amounts all over the place. Then add in all the other stuff in you office, from overhead lights to your radio, PC, monitor, the surge protect next to your feet into which all that insulated but otherwise unshielded wiring runs - none of which has killed you so far - and you're worried about wearing a freakin' headset? :D

Regards,

Joe

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Yep..."Paranoid"...that's a more accurate description of me. I know it's crazy. But, I guess it's having something in such close proximity to my head is what bothers me. Good feedback Joe!

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
These wireless headsets will, however, make it easier for the CIA and the aliens to monitor your thoughts.

Food for thought. :D

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

No, we're using those funny things on utility poles now. :)

Still, our alien overlords will be displeased with you for mentioning this to a Human, X1297. Report to the Hive for correction.

G7623

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Not without my AOBA (Alien Overlords Benevolent Association) representative! Drones have rights, too, you know!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks