What's new

Shania Twain - Up (SACD & DVD-audio) Question (1 Viewer)

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I was going to purchase the Shania Twain - Up album & saw it was released in SACD & DVD-audio. Has anyone heard either one of these or has anyone done any reviews that compares the two multichannel formats on this CD? Is one sonically better than the other? My DVD player has both formats.

Also does anyone know which version of this CD is released on SACD & DVD-audio (pop or country)? Are they the same for both formats?

RobBenton

Stunt Coordinator
They both are from pcm masters so I doubt you would tell the difference sound quality wise.. the mixes are the same.. i would pick the dvd as it has 3 music videos and a making off feature.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I only have the SACD MultiCh and think it is super. I've never been a big Shania fan, but the album is just fun to listen to. High energy and a crystal clear recording. I think I like this one even more than Norah Jones' SACD.

I'm being hooked into music again for the first time in mnay years with the Pioneer 563 and for some reason I'm having a ball listening to female voices. Faith Hill, Norah Jones, Diane Krall, Joplin, Emmylou Harris, Sarah Mc. Gloria Estefan's Greatest SACD has an odd sounding mix, but the music is still a blast. I also picked up Sheryl Crow and Norah's latest CD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks