What's new

Shame on Warner for releasing The American President again in non-anamorphic (1 Viewer)

Bruce Morrison

Supporting Actor

I'm confused. Why would there even be a slipcover with a 2008 date on it? Does this imply that Warners have re-released it (or will be re-releasing it) this year in anamorphic? I haven't heard of any announcement, but perhaps I missed it.

If so, maybe the packaging process has gone wrong and the new slip covers have been used for the old snapper case release?

Keith I

FoS
Real Name
Keith
I was browsing DVD Empire's new "sale" (10% off everything) and in their listing, this title is listed as being released on 10/28/08. We know why, of course. But looking at the back cover scan, it says "enhanced for widescreen TVs."

How many times do we have to go through this: Asking if it's really anamorphic widescreen or not? If it were on Blu-ray, we wouldn't have to think about this.

Is this just yet another promotion that mistakenly claims anamorphic widescreen when it is not? Or has Warner really remastered this gem and released it properly?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks