What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Severe pixilation on Olympics diving (1 Viewer)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Anybody besides me getting severe central area of screen pixilation on the Olympics diving events?

I'm using an OTA rooftop antenna, an LG STB hooked via component cables to a fairly new ViewSonic projector, and I don't know if it's the signal, the STB, or the projector.

The only other times I have seen pixilation is when the OTA signal has been lost momentarily, so I'm suspecting the local signal.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I'm seeing very little pixelation, and I'm OTA as well. Are you getting the pixelation when they're in the air, or when they hit the water?

Chuck King

Agent
I've noticed it also watching via Comcast. I notice it while the divers are in midair with lots of twisting.

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
When the divers are in the air and twisting.

Last night, I was watching on an old but still good NTSC set in the bedroom, this one is not OTA, it's hoioked up to Knology analog cable, and there was a little bit of pixilation on the ladies gymnastics when they were doing tumbling runs on the floor exercises.

So apparently it's coming from my local NBC affiliate, or even the NBC feed.

Ensign Eddie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
I've been seeing a ton of pixalation on the local affiliate here in Dallas (OTA through an HDTiVo). Not just on diving. It's been that way from the Opening Ceremonies.

It could be my equipment because I see it on other channels as well. But it seems that the Olympics have brought out the worst of it.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I think it's an affiliate problem, because my feeds have been fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks