What's new

September 11 fund raising help from HTF members needed. (1 Viewer)

Andrew Seale

Auditioning
Hi
I came accross this web site belonging to the NYFD. There are selling tshirts to raise money for the families of the firemen lost on that terrible day.
www.nyfirestore.com/wtc-memorial.html
Here is my problem.
Firstly I live in a small town in remote Western Australia and unfortunatly the NYFD do not send orders to international addresses. Secondly a mininum of 12 must be ordered.
I have friends and relatives, including local fire and police dept who would love to order 7 shirts.
Here is where I need some help.
If anyone out there can help make up the numbers, this is what I am trying to organise. I can collect all monies here in Australia and make out an international bank cheque to someone willing to help place the order. When the shirts arrive at your address, split the order and send the rest along to Australia. Phew....:)
What do you say, anyone willing to help out.
I look foward to your reply
Andrew Seale
Kalgoorlie Western Australia

KyleS

Screenwriter
So how many shirts total are you expecting will be in this order? The other thing is that IF I was to ship them it would need to be 1 order to Australia and then to minimize shipping you could then separate the orders out there. I have friends that live in Queensland and it is not cheap to ship to you guys. Other thing is will they charge you guy’s tax for receiving shipments on merchandise from the US?

KyleS

Andrew Seale

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply

I only need 5 more to make 12 shirts. I guess that this post may attract many more orders that can be handled in seperate orders.

Sending only one package to Australia would be the plan. I have told my friends here that they will need to pitch in $5 each shirt to cover shipping. I guess this should be enough? What do you think.

Tax should not be a problem because the value of the shirts should be under the max allowed before tax. If there was a problem here the tax would not be much any way.

Thanks Andrew

Be careful with the tax for that many t-shirts being sent to Australia in one parcel - one t-shirt per parcel will get through with no tax but even 3 in the one parcel is likely to result in hefty import duties.

This was something we discovered after we queried the $134 import duty and sales tax on 3 t-shirts my son imported from England.

Christine

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.