What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

"Seconds" sounds like a Twilight Zone episode from this year... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I was just at www.darkhorizons.com and saw this preview of a new movie.

SECONDS- The story of a man who is given the chance at rebirth by a group called the Seconds Company. For a price, they can surgically alter you to resemble anyone on the planet, and insert you into that person's life. What happens though if you start to regret your decision?

This sounds a lot like an episode from the 2002 version of the Twilight Zone. Here is the TZ synopsis:

FUTURE TRADE- Martin Donner, a beset-upon hardware clerk, finds out about a company called "Future Trade" that arranges a trade between two people who want to trade their futures and their lives with each other. Donner agrees and trades with a businessman with a rich, expensive life with an attractive girlfriend named Francesca. However, after the deadline passes for him to back out, he finds out the reason the businessman traded lives.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Heck, sounds an awful lot like a John Frankenheimer movie starring Rock Hudson (although that one didn't feature people being inserted into already-existing lives).

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
SECONDS, starring Rock Hudson and directed by John Frankenheimer. One of the better science-fiction films around, it's both thoughtful and frightening.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, I wouldn't go that far. The science in it is goofy, and the restored (longer) version seemed interminable at points both times I saw it in the past year. This is one I think could actually benefit from a remake; I always felt that when the guy was made young, his environment still seemed a little stiff. It might be enjoyable to see the movie cut loose, and really give the feeling that the Rock Hudson character is out of place.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I didn't say best, I said better (think Top 25 science fiction films) :) .
I always felt that when the guy was made young, his environment still seemed a little stiff.
Well, I think that's because it was a *manufactured* environment where all of the seconds live. After all, it's revealed during the film that a lot of the seconds end up rejecting it as Hudson does. And the man in charge - Will Geer - of the whole thing is still "old", so that certainly explains that the process isn't very good, it's a good way to make a lot of money.

I think any remake of the story would never end it the way the original does... and it's a *great* ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks