What's new

Sears Closing Audio- Big Sale (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
My neighbor's son just picked up CV 3-way Speakers Reg. 199.99 each for $89.00 each & he was told that if he charged it on a Sears Credit Card, which he did, that if he din't like the speakers he could bring them back & they would give him credit but only if he used a Sears Credit Card.

Brian Co

Grip
Not sure about utilizing the Sears Credit Card, however, I specifically asked and was told I could easily return mine within 30 days no questions asked.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Yeah, good deals can be had by all. Working at Sears, I knew about the deal, and offered it to a co-worker first. After all, this fella hooked me up with a 12,000 BTU A/C for $90 a couple summers ago. The Sears in Philly (yes, there is only one) is sold out of Yamaha, Panasonic and Sony receivers, but we might still have JVC and Pioneer ones. We also have some great deals on Cerwin Vega, Sony, & JBL 5.1 speaker setups and we might even have a few Denon Kenwood, Pionner, and Panasonic HT systems that are being closed out. The dept is actually moving from the 2nd floor to the basement this upcoming Sunday, so we probably have slightly better deals the the rest of the Sears because we need to get rid of as much stuff as possible before the move. We'll be selling off most of the TVs 36'' and smaller off the floor in the next week. I'm not sure about the big screens. If anyone is from the area, check it out.

Daman

Second Unit

Glad that the tip helped many of us :) i myself learned it when a friend called and told me he picked up a 5650 at half the price!! Im pretty happy with the 5650 but couldnt find the 5660 anywhere near my area.. oh well, i guess there isnt a world of difference between the two.
Cheers!
Daman

Don*K

Stunt Coordinator
Greg*go, is this a national event? Seeems like most (if not all) the posters are on the east coast. Have been in the market for a 32-36 inch TV for a while now and this would be perfect if they're being cleared out next week! Please keep us updated. Thanks.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

Don, this should be a nationwide event. Essentially, Sears appears to be selling out of their component gear, but will be keeping the "Home Theater In a Box" setups. I doubt if you'll find a 32 - 36" TV with a substantial discount and I don't believe they are selling off their TV sets.

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
The clearance on the HT equipment is national since they are getting rid of it. There's been talk every year about this, but it looks like they are finally doing it since we aren't getting any new receivers in for replacement.

The clearance on the TVs that I mentioned is just for my store since the dept is moving it's location in the building, it will be easier for the store to just bring out new TV sets and sell off the old displays. So the deal you are looking for is only in the one location.

Don*K

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info guys. I'll try to check it out this week at the local Sears here.

Michael.M.C

Stunt Coordinator
Well, in the past couple of months I picked up a nice Samsung 42" plasma for $1200 (last years model, began at $4999 then cut twice) and a Yamaha htr-5650 out the door for $150. I bought the plasma three year full replacement with three home visits for $550. A couple of weeks later they had a 10% off sale so they gave me $150 back for the TV (not certain how it rang up as $150 but it did). I'm thinkn' those were good deals.

Thanks Sears!

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tip Daman!
I got to the Sears in town yesterday and got their last 5660 for $168 - 10% display model discount - $10 coupon + tax!
Can't wait to hook it up this weekend.

Also, on their web site, the JVC 7030 receiver is on sale until Saturday for $135! (you have to add it to your cart to see the sale price.) A great deal for a "starter" system (better than both of my receivers until yesterday).

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks