What's new

Search page feature request (1 Viewer)

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
On the old UBB system whenever you clicked on the Search link while within a particular forum (for example, Home Theater Hardware), the current forum would be the default search forum. Now whenever you do a search, it always defaults to All Open Forums, which is a pain if you are doing several searches in a particular forum--you have to keep changing to the forum you want.
I think it makes sense to have the default search forum be the forum from which the user opened the search page. For one, most people are probably looking for something in the forum they are already in when the open the search page, and, secondly, the load on the server (not much of a concern now, but may become an issue in the future) could be reduced tremendously.
-Mike
BTW, Parker, I think you need to take a break man... some of your responses seem kind of snappy lately--not that I blame you. You have to put up with things I will never want to know about. :)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mike:

You will notice at the bottom right hand side of each forum there is an input box for "Search This Forum" which allows you to just what you are asking for. I also added to the top of each forum too.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks