What's new

Screenplay 4805 or Optoma H30/H31??? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyKretentiv

Stunt Coordinator
Really torn here folks!!

I am looking for my 1st pj. Don't want to spend too much cash ($1000-1600 US). I have posted on this topic before and the responses to that post have lead me to these two choices.

I'm plan on running a 106" screen in a perfectly dark room (added bonus!)

But want to make sure that this projector does my HD signal justice. How are these 2 at running HD signals?

We will watch most of my HD on a 65" Mitsu but for special occasions will want to use the pj for HD. Most of what I will be watching is DVDs fed by a Denon DVD player with a Faroudja chip.

From the reviews that I have read the Optoma does a good job with HD and is quite bright. But the 4805 seems to really make people standup and say "Wow". But nobody talks about HD signals.

Of course if you have other suggestions I will be more than happy to read them. Something with a higher res?

Note: I already have a 65" mitsu so this project HAS to be really good or my wife will kill me!!!

Pat Frank

Stunt Coordinator
I have read a few posts here from 4805 owners with HDTV who say it looks great. I have a 4805 but only regular TV input (Comcast doesn't come here yet and I've heard too many horror stories about OTA).

JohnnyKretentiv

Stunt Coordinator
I have been doing Dish Network HD and then I bought a $20 antenna from Target and I get 7 additional HD Channels with at least 75% signal. I guess I'm lucky. But with all that HD programming to choose from I still had to watch the Super bowl in SD. Darn FOX.

Thanks for your input. The 4805 sounds like it's the way to go. I just wish I could go to a store that had 25 projectors setup so I could compare them. Most stores only have 3 or 4 at the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks