What's new

Screen Help! Elite Acoustic Pro1080P2 (1 Viewer)

arjunsud

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arjun Sud
Hi there! I currently have a White Screen made by a company called Projecta. I got it with my epson 8350 and I upgraded to a Epson 5020. I am considering getting a screen from here : http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens-ELECTRIC125H-Projection--125-Inch/dp/B000Q87LM6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361640095&sr=8-1&keywords=elite+screens It is the Acoustic Pro 1080P2 . Please tell me what you guys think. Will the screen be any better than the Matte White? Is it worth getting the Acoustic Pro 1080P2 vs a regular ? My room has a fair amount of light during the day but curtains block it out. Also at night when it is completely dark there is a fair amount of light reflected off the white walls. Thank You!!!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
At least you'll be able to locate your center behind the screen now...for a more centered sound(pun intended...and unintended)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Elite offers two variations... CineWhite Perforated(PVC with holes in it) AcousticPro 1080P2(woven fabric) It is personal choice which version you want.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
http://www.build.com.au/connectedhome/video/performance-considerations/woven-vs-perforated-projection-screens-0 The general guideline of AT screens...the screen should cost 1/3 to 1/2 whatever you paid for the projector. $1000 projector...$300-$500 screen....and so on.

arjunsud

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arjun Sud
Thank You! So basically here is my situation: Epson 5020 ( which after a lot of good advice from you , and a couple of other folks i settled on and absolutely love. Moderate amount of light. Budget is about 400 I require a pull down screen for the way my house is set up. What would you recommend? Are the slightly silver screens any better than the cine white? Are the screens being soled for '3D' special in any way? If you were in my seat, what screen(s) would you pick?? Thank You!!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Silver/gray or white...and low gain(.7) or high gain(2.4+) is all a personal choice. 3D screens are all "high gain". Nothing more. It is like this thing...the fact it says "Ipod compatible" http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Stereo-3-5mm-2-RCA-Y-Cable-Compatible/dp/B0027RPUVS/ref=sr_1_15?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1361647472&sr=1-15&keywords=1%2F8th+cable+ipod shows there are people out there who purchase stuff without... 1. A brain 2. Doing any research

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
So... Do you have to remove your present screen to put up another one? Is there are problem with your current screen? Depending on your answers to those two questions... You "might" want to do...or try out...a dual screen set-up. One screen for 2D and the other for 3D. You won't be the first person to do a dual screen set-up.

arjunsud

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arjun Sud
What exactly does gain do ? I just saw a screen at a store with a gain of 1.8 looked pretty decent .

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Now, I just looked at Projecta's website. It appears they have 50 different screens with, at least, 20 different variations of white/gray and low/high gain. Which one do you have and what is the problem with it? Cause it won't help us, to help you, figure out what is wrong with your current screen...unless we know exactly what you got now...and what it is you don't like/need to change.

arjunsud

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arjun Sud
Schan, i really appreciate all your help on this. This is the projector screen i got with my old projector: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Projecta+-+Model+B+92%22+Pull-Down+Projector+Screen+-+White/8876567.p?id=1210378662324&skuId=8876567 Essentially I just think that after seeing what a Black Diamond / Stewart can do, its hard to want to buy the same screen again, even if i dont get all the way , i want to come as close to it as possible. I was really amazed how even under an extensive amount of light the screens looked so much like a TV. And in the dark it looked simply phenominal. Also this video made me realise what a huge difference a screen can make : where the black diamond ( at the end ) vs regular ( in the beggining) is a night and day difference.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Ok, my best guess is that is Projecta matt-white non-tensioned. Cause Projecta makes no mention of a "model B", which means it is a "made for Best Buy so they don't have to price match"... So, being a 1.0 matte, what do you not like? Probably a lot since a 1.0 matte is the "babysteps" screen to buy. Black Diamond cost what they do because it would probably be the last screen you ever bought. My screen is a Screen Research ClearPix. The original version. It has seen 3 different projectors. Not sure why you chose the AcousticPro 1080...as "picture wise" it is a lateral move. Sound wise...different story, if you want to change up your center speaker location. The AcousticPro is still matte-white.

arjunsud

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arjun Sud
Ah I see ! And very interesting I actually was just on their website wondering what model b is myself . I will look into your screen as well. I found a review on AVS talking about how a silver screen is very good as well. Honestly it is the wealth of information available that can be a little overwhelming at times and leave one more confused then we started off with haha. I looked at the acoustic pro only because it was electric , came up among the first results and was well rated . And it said designed for 1080p projectors I was not sure why tho

arjunsud

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Arjun Sud
So I think i am looking at an elite screen ( i figuired id get something i am not too caught up on since i will be replacing it with a stewart or black diamond perhaps ) and i can not seem to figuire out the difference between the Vmax 2 / Home2 / and Spectrum series. Is there any guidance you can offer me on this? http://www.elitescreens.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&catid=1&Itemid=19&lang=en Schan, ive said it before and i will say it again. Your the man!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Basic difference is... Spectrum is what you buy if 12v trigger is your preferred way to sync the projector and screen VMAX2 is what you buy for a cleaner looking "mount" and need to use Cat or wireless trigger. Home2 adds to the VMAX with floating mount.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks