What's new

Directors Sci-fi movie challenge anyone? (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
This idea was bandied about in the October Scary Movie Challenge thread and it seemed to go over well. I want to see who is still interested. Feedback and suggestions would also be appreciated.

Do you want to take part in a Science Fiction Movie Challenge?

When should we have it? (I think March or April would be good.)

While there wouldn't be a minimum or maximum number of movies to watch, we should set a goal. How about 42? ;)

If it's not a problem, could a mod sticky this thread? Thanks!

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'm also picking up some sf titles in anticipation of the challenge. Please mention any films you think might be of interest to others!

Hinokio

Natural City

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I'd be willing to do it. I just got another one of those 50-movie-sets in so....

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'm in. There is no way in Hades I'm watching 57 movies like I did for the horror challenge, especially to come in a miserable 9th.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
You might want to dig up the old horror challenge thread and bring this up since I'm sure there are many there who don't check this part of the forum.

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor
I'd be up for this too. I'd lean towards April myself. What with April Fools Day and tax time in North America, it kinda would fit nicely...

Would give me a good reason to dig into the older sci-fi titles I've never got around to, finally watch more recent stuff like Gattaca and dig into some of the lesser known ones that I know only from reviews:

Natural City
Fantastic Planet
The American Astronaut
Dark Star

Would Sun Ra :Space Is The Place count? :)

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Not to be a killjoy, but then we get into technicalities like "is this sci-fi or is it horror?" . :) I'll probably sit this one out, as I'm content just doing the combo horror/sci-fi once a year in the "Scary Movie Challenge" for October. Have fun though, and I'll be checking the thread out!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks