What's new

Schindler's List DVD (1 Viewer)

Matt Brighton

Stunt Coordinator
I read on dvdtown.com that Schindler's List is coming out on DVD later this year (which would make sense, seeing as how it's the 10th anniversary of it). I've seen/heard this nowhere else.

Anyone know if this is true or just rumor?

Thanks.

DarrellP

Stunt Coordinator
In addition, we've been told by sources that both Universal's Schindler's List and an anamorphic widescreen re-issue of Paramount's Top Gun are on tap for 2004.

This is from The Digital Bits.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I think DVDTown's report is based on an article someone posted from Empire magazine a few months ago, which in turn, seemed to be based on a rumor some guy started here.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
For some years now we get, every few months, a 'what's happening with SL' thread? As I've said in previous threads -- if we don't get a release announcement by June the 'window' is closing on a '03 release. Now we hear more definitively that this will be a 'likely' '04 release, thus missing the 10th anniversary opportunity :frowning: . This proves that Spielberg is not focused on his crown jewel creation being tied in to marketing tricks. I've made the point as well in the past (going back to the middle of last year) that making this release a marketing event would be a bit unseemly (which was vehemently argued by one of HTF's administrators as the most likely delay from the anticipated 2002 release). I also suggested that delays of the movie with the likely 'new material' that would be brought out in special features is unkind to the dwindling survivor population. As a first-born of this shrinking population I was particularly interested in getting this project released sooner rather than later. It seems other consideration will make this (the last of Spielberg's unreleased blockbusters) unavailable till '04 (a full seven years after the introduction of this popular format that dominates our discussions) :angry: .

Joel

Kristoffer

Second Unit
I heard a rumor that Spielberg is going to record a audio commentary for this,,,,I'll believe when I see it!!
But I actually don't want a commentary track for this..and wouldn't listen to one. It would take the power away from this movie for me. Anyone agree?

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
No.

I certainly hope you're not suggesting that we should be deprived of a commentary because you don't wish to listen to one.

--
Holadem

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
This has always been Spielberg's most personal film. If he does a commentary for any film, it would be this one.

Kristoffer

Second Unit
Sorry didn't try to piss anybody of..
But thats how I feel about this movie. Of cause you have the commentary track.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
But I actually don't want a commentary track for this..and wouldn't listen to one. It would take the power away from this movie for me. Anyone agree?
I have to disagree as well. If Spielberg provides one I will listen, though I doubt he will.

Joel

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I for one am looking forward to Steven's commentary, otherwise you don't have listen to it if you don't want to, it's that simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks