What's new

Scenes that freak you out or disturb you (1 Viewer)

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Well, I just saw Audition and I can say the ending to that certainly disturbed me!

also the "bathtub" scene from I Spit On Your Grave makes me lock my jaw and cringe just thinking about it. Oh man that's gotta suck.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Sorry if someone's mentioned this one yet, but the soon-to-be-legendary FRENCH KISS scene from Not Another Teen Movie is almost too grotesque to bear.
Mia Kirshner (my new favorite actress) deserved a freakin' Oscar for that bit. I nearly retch at the end of it every time...then I laugh when the old lady blows that bubble.
Yuck!

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
From when I was a youngster:
Wrath of Khan when those bugs crawl in the ears.
Temple of Doom the dining scene
a lot of What Lies Beneath
The Others really got me in the room with all the white sheets
and another Amenebar film, Thesis , had me tempted to stop the DVD most of the way through.
Pieter

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, Scott, that was creepy! :eek: I saw Society 13 years ago, and never heard a word about it since. Is it on DVD? There are also several scenes in The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover that rank high on the creep chart.

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
Another one that's definitely worse to watch for guys: Serpent and the Rainbow, the torture scene with the nail in the chair through his ... um ... yeah ... that's just bad

Aaron Cooke

Second Unit
A few people have posted scenes from Mulholland Drive, but to me the creepiest part was the scene with the old couple sitting together grinning (in a taxi i believe?)

Which reminds me of another extremely creepy lynch scene...from Lost Highway, at the party when Bill Pullman is talking to Robert Blake who has him call home on his cell phone only to find out he's in his house. Sorry...been a long time (please come out on dvd soon) so i don't remember the character names.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Ah, come on, Jan! :) I've mentioned SOCIETY constantly here at the HTF, because quite honestly, it is one of my favorite movies, and is easily a horror classic in my book. It is being released to DVD completely uncut by Anchor Bay on September 10th, and it has been my #1 most anticipated DVD of the year ever since AB first announced it last year. I've been dying for this film to hit DVD, and I am so excited about it finally coming! There is a God! :)
On another note, I agree about that part in LOST HIGHWAY being very freaky, and the THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW scene did look painful as hell. He got payback when he returned the favor to the villain though. :D

BillBobs

Grip
plenty of the ones already mentioned, and...
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - the videotape, Otis
Harold and Maude said:
concentration camp tattoo on Maude's wrist
Terminator - when she yanks that hunk of steel out of her leg. Ouch!!
I should add that I LIKE being freaked out and disturbed.

Geno

Supporting Actor
Backwoods Arkansas movie, uh... "Sqeal Like a pig!!!" Oh yes, Deliverance!!!

and the scene in "Fire in the SKY" where the needle is about to puncture his eyeball!!!

one more, South Park, Saddam and Satan in bed with a dildo!!!

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info Scott and Justin. Not sure I'm a big enough fan to own it, but I'd definitely like to see it again. That movie is freaking weird! :)

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Audition, Dead & Buried, Funny Games, Thesis...
Keep talking, guys. I'm adding these to my "must see" list...:D

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
The Shining - lots in this film to pick from, but I would have to go with the quick flashes of Danny's frozen scream, and when he starts with "Redrum...redrum"
Funny Games - quite frankly, the whole film
The Boys of St Vincent - a little known Canadian film which I caught on TV once, about child abuse in a Catholic orphanage. I will never forget Henry Czerny in this one - a truly disturbing performance.
any film with Freddie Prinze Jnr - truly disturbing :) (Sorry I had to)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Got some more:
THE SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW- Pullman's dream sequence with the freaky skeleton that has the snake come out of its mouth.
THE NEW YORK RIPPER- the awfully painful looking nipple slit and eye slit scene.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I guess I'll chime in and be the one who is "different" here. Maybe I've just become hardened to gore, but none of those mentioned effects me any more. When I saw this thread, one scene jumped immedietly to mind. It is in Monster's Ball and involves Heath Ledger. I expect anyone who has seen it will know which scene I mean. Just about nothing in movies startles shocks me anymore, but I jumped right into the air on that one.

Actually, the scene I find more chilling comes shortly after that. It is when Derek (Edward Norton) is turning around, hands in the air, as he is about to be arrested. One of the most convincing depictions of human evil I have ever seen.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Here are two that I haven't seen mentioned, but that really freked me out when I saw them:
Creepshow 2: the segment called "The raft" about the teenagers swimming in the lake, being eaten by a weird thing that looks like an oil-spot... I can't swim in a lake anymore without thinking of that!
The house by the cemetary: The scene with the woman being killed with a spear, in painfully slow close-ups of her chest being penetrated. Ugh.
/Mike

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Creepshow - The cockroaches coming out of the dead guy's mouth

The Omen - the decapitation with the pane of glass

Alien I - the creature bursting out that guy's chest

Most of Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original)

Anything with Britney Spears (sorry ...heehee)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
The end of Heavenly Creatures. It's just too real and too brutal. Although it is one of my favorite films, I don't think I can ever watch it again. On the bright side, that will save me $20. :)
-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks