What's new

Scammed by Ed Camden. Anything I can do? (1 Viewer)

Byron Martin

Auditioning
Hi guys, hate to bring this up here but I really don't know where else to post this. I have been scammed by Ed Camden in all likelihood. His username is Ed-Camden, and this was the post: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=4554.
I paid for it by paypal. He told me that it had been shipped a few days after I paid him. I didn't have it two weeks later, so I emailed him again and a few days later he responded saying that the place he shipped it with had accidentally not shipped it? and it had just been sitting there the whole time. Then he said he got it back and shipped it directly, and would have a tracking number for me. I never heard from him ago. It's been two months, and I haven't received it.
Is there anything I can do? Also, hopefully this will serve as a warning to unsuspecting victims.
Thanks

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i'll tell you what. i live in mobile, alabama but i'm gonna visit my parents in athens, alabama (30 miles east of florence). give me his address and i'll beat him viciously with a baseball bat. i won't be able to get the dvd player for you but i'll make a vhs of the beating. lemme know.

kevin t

ps...i'm just kidding (about the beating - all the other info is true)

David Head

Second Unit
Byron,
Report this to Paypal. Their protection policy says:
PayPal's Buyer Complaint Process helps protect PayPal members when a merchant does not deliver goods as promised. If you have been unable to resolve a dispute with a seller, you may file a Buyer Complaint Form (go to the Security Center link in the footer of any PayPal page) to initiate an investigation. PayPal will investigate your complaint and attempt to recover any funds you are owed. You will be entitled to the return of any funds PayPal is able to collect on your behalf. However, fund recovery is not guaranteed.
David

ScottTK

Auditioning
If you cannot get in contact with him via e-mail, try to call him. Look up his number if necessary. You shouldn't have waited for it to take this long. If you can't call him, contact the local police department in his town and tell them to go pay him a visit.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Contact your local Police department. Take in all e-mail's you had with him. Since he did not ship it too you but said he did then he has commited mail fraud so contact you local postmaster. Email him and tell him what you are going to do if this is not resolved in 24hrs. I had a problem like this once though it was only over a DVD swap. After I informed him of what I was going to do I had a tracking number within 24hrs.

Kevin

jin-ho

Second Unit
Byron,

I really feel for you, as I too have been a victim of many incidents.

I wanted to ask you one thing... were you in contact with him during the 2 months? The reason I ask is that he has been a member since June 1999 and have many posts to his name. The profile doesn't seem like a typical scammer.

Maybe something happened to him???

Anyways, wish you all the luck.

Jinho

Byron Martin

Auditioning
Guys, thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, Paypal's protection only lasts 30 days, but I did pay for part of it with my credit card, which I have disputed. If I don't get it back this way, I might proceed with the police. I foolishly didn't get his actual address/phone number before I paid him. I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything. Is there a more thorough search engine that I could try? Also, jin-ho, I was thinking the same thing about his previous record, and that's probably why I was so trusting. I hope this is all just a mixup.

Byron

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Yea, he is verified, but will they give me his information?

No, but they will give it to the cops.

just call your local police and file a report, it's been said at least 3 times in verious replies.

there is also an FBI internet fraud complaint form online, but you need to file with your local police first anyway

Brian AM

Stunt Coordinator
I disputed a charge with paypal first and then my credit card company. My credit card refunded me the cost in about 2 or 3 weeks... Paypal took almost 2 months and expected me to wait around and see if they would find my complaint valid.

After paypal refunded me the money they quickly realized that my credit card company had already taken care of the situation and paypal sent me a letter saying that I had breached my contract with them and threatened to ban me from using the service..... thats been about 5 months or so ago and nothing so far. I have heard however, that they like to suspend accounts with positive balances for the same type of thing.

Ron John

Auditioning
That's the reason why I only buy & sell COD, And I always ask for a Postal Money Order, In order for the person to get there money they have to send the item,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks