What's new

Sanyo PLV Z1 Repair HELP! (1 Viewer)

Matthew J Amer

Auditioning
I shipped my Sanyo PLV Z1 back to Sanyo to have them clean dust out of the LCD compartment and they have now told me that because I didn't ship the projector with it's "lens protection device" on, that my Lens Shift is now broken and that if I want it fixed they charge a flat fee of $500. It doesn't say anywhere in the owner's manual or the shipping instructions they sent me that i needed to ship my projector with their "lens shift protector" on. I shipped the unit in its original packaging very carefully. My question to anyone out there with more experience with these matters than i have is, "Am i being ripped off?". I feel like i am. Sanyo has been very vauge about what exactly broke and how much the specific parts costs, just that they will charge me a flat fee of $500 for "parts, labor, time and effort" (what ever "effort is"). In addition, Sanyo was paying to have my projector shipped and the dust cleaned off because the dust appeared within just 4 hours of usage. I feel like they are trying to throw on an additional charge for something that i can not verify because they were out the $200 they would have earned for a normal dust cleaning. Any and all opinions are needed! THANK YOU!

DuWayne

Stunt Coordinator
All I can say is, and I'm sure it may not help you, but with my Z2 there was a slip and/or noted right on the Lens Cover; not to throw away, and reuse when packing/shipping projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks