What's new

San Antonio CBS HDTV is on the air! (1 Viewer)

Chris Blount

Auditioning
Just noticed that the CBS affiliate (KENS) here in San Antonio, TX is on the air with their digital signal channel 55. Looks great and very clean compared to analog OTA. Looking forward now to seeing some CBS programming in 1080i.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Chris,
You're posting way too often. :)
Jim
So, how do I get 55 in Seguin?

Chris Blount

Auditioning
I know, I keep forgetting this place is here. I'm also busy running my own forum.
Anyway, to find out which direction your antenna should be pointing, go to this web site: http://www.antennaweb.org/antennaweb/
If you are in Seguin, you might be able to get the signal if your antenna is high enough and pointed southwest.

Chris Blount

Auditioning
Just heard from the KENS engineering department. There are *NOT* running full power and will not be for the next couple of years. From their signal surveys, it shouldn't make too much of difference here in San Antonio but it looks like Austin may be out of luck.
They are also still in the testing phase at least until May 1st so the signal my be down various times of the day. It looks like whatever signal strength you are getting now is as good as it will get unless you change something in your receiving configuration.
Chris Blount
Administrator
http://www.dbstalk.com

R

RossTerry

Actually, in Austin, several stations are supposed to be coming online with HD broadcasts in the next few months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks