What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Samurai sword vs. bullet (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Chris Knox

Stunt Coordinator
Theoretically you can achieve the same results as in the video with piano wire in place of the sword. A tornado can drive pine straw through a metal pipe. Show me a guy weilding a sword and splitting the bullet (and still not being killed by one of the split fragments), then I am impressed.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
maybe so.. But in a fist-fight I'd take the gunman because he looks like he has 75 pounds on the swordsman. :D

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
This isn't unusual at all. I remember seeing a show years ago about a contest for antique firearms enthusiasts (read: guys who like to dress up like Daniel Boone and run around firing old rifles). The contestants had to run around a timed course and hit targets periodically, the real challenge being that these were old muzzle-loaders so you had to be good at reloading at each station. Anyway, the last station was two plates on either side of an axe blade that faced the shooter. They had to hit the blade dead on so that the bullet would split in half and shatter both plates. At 20 yards or so.

Bullets are predominantly lead which is very soft as far as metals go; designed that way so that when they enter a body them deform or fragment and cause much more damage than going straight through. Would only take a very sharp and sturdy blade to split one if hit dead on.

James T

Screenwriter

I actually saw a chinese movie where it was one guy with chopsticks versuses a warehouse filled with badguys armed with whatever the movie's budget was. It was pretty funny watching a guy with chop sticks kick their ass

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
isn't there some flick where the dudes are basically sitting at a table doing (for lack of a better term) "chop-stick kung-fu"????

James T

Screenwriter
Rob,

Good luck with your search then. I saw it on one of those foreign tv channels late at night maybe 5-7 years ago. That was the only scene I saw and I don't remember the title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks