What's new

Samsung LED TV Picture/Sound Blackout (1 Viewer)

Finster

Auditioning
Real Name
Art Schwabenbauer
I have a new 55" Samsung LED TV, purchased 12/9/13. While watching broadcast TV, recordings on DVR, or streaming movies from Amazon or Netflix it will occasionally simply black out (no picture, no sournd). These episodes last only a couple of seconds, but they're annoying. I went so far as to have a Samsung technician visit my home to try to correct the problem; He was next to useless, insisting on doing all the talking rather than listening to me as I was trying to relate my problem. To appease me, he changed the major circuit board, saying as he did so that it probably woundn't fix the problem and that these kinds of problems seem to occur with HDMI connected devices, or something to that effect. He was right, the problem persists. Has anyone seen this? Is there a fix?

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
It happens to my TV too, but it's not a big deal to me, because it happens once in a blue moon.

Finster

Auditioning
Real Name
Art Schwabenbauer
To Schan1269:

Have not tried it with DVD/BD. I spent a long time on the phone with Samsung yesterday, another home visit from on of their techs is in the works. They require two shots at fixing the problem before they'll agree to just replace the entire set.

Finster

Auditioning
Real Name
Art Schwabenbauer
To Richard V:

I envy you. I go through periods when my TV shuts down every few minutes, not for long, but it's still annoying; and I don't feel I should have to endure that on a product that I spent about a grand on just over a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegisav
Recent bookmarks