What's new

Samsung DLP Help - Black or Irregular Pixel on Screen (1 Viewer)

Rob Compton

Auditioning
I just purchase a Samsung Tantus 46" model DLP. After a couple of days of viewing I noticed a blacked out pixel on the screen. The manual indicates there can be irregular pixels and quality control allows for these. That is a nice statement considering I just paid $3k+ for a TV! Has anyone else encountered this problem and did it go away? Samsung support said to watch it for a week or two and see if it goes away. If not exchange it for a new unit. Thanks for any info.

Justin_T

Stunt Coordinator
I would do exactly what Samsung said. Especially if the pixel is noticeable while watching. Watch the picture for about a week (should be long enough) and take the TV back for another one.

Rob Compton

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply. I am leaning towards calling and having them deliver a new one immediately. The pixel is tiny and my wife thinks I am crazy, but that is the first thing I look at whenever I watch it. My anger is probably compounded by the new theater seating I got that had a rip in one chair & a hole in the armrest. That is being replaced as well. No luck whatsoever!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.