Samsung DLP Help - Black or Irregular Pixel on Screen

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Rob Compton, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Rob Compton

Rob Compton Auditioning

I just purchase a Samsung Tantus 46" model DLP. After a couple of days of viewing I noticed a blacked out pixel on the screen. The manual indicates there can be irregular pixels and quality control allows for these. That is a nice statement considering I just paid $3k+ for a TV! Has anyone else encountered this problem and did it go away? Samsung support said to watch it for a week or two and see if it goes away. If not exchange it for a new unit. Thanks for any info.

2. Justin_T

Justin_T Stunt Coordinator

I would do exactly what Samsung said. Especially if the pixel is noticeable while watching. Watch the picture for about a week (should be long enough) and take the TV back for another one.

3. Rob Compton

Rob Compton Auditioning

Thanks for the reply. I am leaning towards calling and having them deliver a new one immediately. The pixel is tiny and my wife thinks I am crazy, but that is the first thing I look at whenever I watch it. My anger is probably compounded by the new theater seating I got that had a rip in one chair & a hole in the armrest. That is being replaced as well. No luck whatsoever!