What's new

Sample "multiple response" poll: What Theater Snacks do you prefer? (1 Viewer)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
As previously mentioned, we can also use a poll format in cases where this would be appropriate which allow a member to provide multiple responses. This would open up additional possibilities for data acquisition, discussion, etc.
I'm providing this thread as a frivolous example so you can see what I'm talking about. (And the choices might date me a bit. I'm sure you have new "stuff" I don't know about. Besides, I'm on the Atkins Diet so unless I bring a side of Beef into the theater (or some real cheese sticks) it doesn't matter to me.)
:laugh:
Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Chip_Slattery

Stunt Coordinator
RAF,

Gotta love Atkins! Lost 35 lbs. since Labor Day myself.

Hmm...Maybe instead of a concessions stand my HT should have a BBQ pit!

Best of luck to you...

KrisM

Second Unit
A medium-rare filet mignon, some jumbo grilled shrimp and a nice bottle of cabernet or shiraz. And if I'm feeling lazy, pretzels and some Moosehead beer.

KrisM

Kurt B

Stunt Coordinator
I'm watching the carbos and fats. I've found a great recipe for spicy chicken wings without saturated fat that is baked rather than deep fried.

To drink, I've cut out almost all soda and drink water.

~Kurt

Drew Eckhardt

Stunt Coordinator
Liquid nourishment in the form of beer. Stouts and porters when it's cold out; IPAs and ordinary bitters when it's hot.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
While I'm on Atkins, sparkling water and string cheese.

Otherwise, popcorn and a nice scotch ale.

-greg (38 lbs gone after 16 weeks on Atkins!)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Greg,

38 pounds?!? Congratulations and welcome to the club. I also lost 40 pounds and am now on maintenance with Atkins. I'm not consciously trying to lose any more weight and, depending on the circumstances, my weight varies about +/- 5 pounds from the 40 pound region while I eat as much as I want. I've increased the consumption of some of the borderline items (onions, tomatoes and such that contain some sugar) but I'm fine with no bread, no pasta, no sweets and no starchy vegetables on a regular basis. I've even taken to eating pizza by ordering it with sausage and extra cheese, thin crust and then scraping the nice thick topping off the crust and leaving the crust behind.

Even the lack of Beer doesn't bother me (sorry Scooter and others). In fact, once you are on maintenance, you can actually have an occasional brew at the expense of other things. Since I prefer Guinness Stout, one pint goes a long way. I've just become a "sipper" rather than a "gulper." My blood sugar levels are spot on (I'm a Type II diabetic) and my cholesterol level remains low (never was a problem.) I check in with the MD every three months.

Well done, Greg. Now on to the building of your HT.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
A quick observation:
See what I mean about these polls? They can take us all into lots of different directions and are a good starting point. Granted, this started out as a trivial poll to show off what the multiple choice feature offers, but it has expanded into a lot of other areas such as Atkins, and even beer. (I didn't mean to "dis" beer, but I was thinking of those things offered at the concession stand of commercial theaters when I designed this poll. What you all do in the privacy of your own home is your business.)
:laugh:
And the feature that allows comments also takes care of any ommissions from the list. How could I have forgotten Junior Mints?!?!? A theater staple!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks