What's new

Sample 5.1Ch downloadable CD tracks? (1 Viewer)

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I remember vaguely there was this site with these files available for download that are sample 5.1 surround music files, but i can't seem to find it anywhere.

Does anybody know whwat im talking about?

I was wondering if you could burn these on a CD and play it through a DVD player that reads CDRs, then play it through my DD/DTS reciever to get 5.1?

Thanks...

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Check out these files from the swedish national radio, instructions included. Scroll down and click on sound archive to see more files. I recommend The Firebird parts one and two (unless you are really interested in swedish humor ;)). The interesting thing about these files is that the DD track is actually @640 kbps, and it sounds awesome, even compared to the full-rate dts. I wish the DVD spec had included a higher DD bit rate...

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
One question, the DTS files seem pretty straight foreward, but how about the .AC3 files? THe Dolby Digital ones? Do i just burn the AC3 file?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks