What's new

Sam Shepard Passed Away at 73! (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
He had multi-faceted career, but is probably best known as an actor to many people despite his play writings. I first noticed him as an actor in Raggedy Man, but a couple of years later, his Chuck Yeager in The Right Stuff really put him on the map as a film actor. May he R.I.P.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/31/entertainment/sam-shepard-dies/index.html

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I had no idea he suffered from ALS. A tragic loss indeed. Sam was a talented writer and a unique actor.

Ashly Yeo

Stunt Coordinator
Just watched Midnight Special and thought of his other works with Jeff Nichols and today this news :( RIP Sam Shepherd

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Sad coincidence as I just bought The Right Stuff on blu this weekend.

RIP.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Broadway will indeed mark his passing tonight. His great plays are part of the canon and will continue to be revived. As an actor, I first remember him as Ellen Burstyn's lover in the underrated RESURRECTION (one of her greatest performances,btw),and, of course, in THE RIGHT STUFF and DAYS OF HEAVEN.
A great talent who will be missed. RIP.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
BURIED CHILD, TRUE WEST, and A LIE OF THE MIND are three of our greatest plays. (Not much of his work has been filmed, which may be for the better--they're bracing live experiences that aren't easily replicated.) He starred in better-known movies than COLD IN JULY (14) but let me recommend that one to you; he and Don Johnson are fun in a noir-ish thriller.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Broadway will indeed mark his passing tonight. His great plays are part of the canon and will continue to be revived. As an actor, I first remember him as Ellen Burstyn's lover in the underrated RESURRECTION (one of her greatest performances,btw),and, of course, in THE RIGHT STUFF and DAYS OF HEAVEN.
A great talent who will be missed. RIP.
I'm so glad you remembered Resurrection which is one of the underheralded movies of the 1980s. Both of them are sensational in it.

He will be greatly missed, but his many award-winning plays will live on. Deep condolences to his family and friends.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
My play directing professor called him the "Best Living American Playright." So when I saw there was an actor named in a film I wondered if they were somehow related?

I was quite surprised to find out he WAS the "Best Living American Playright!"

RIP

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
He really did it all: Actor, writer, director, playwright, rock and roll drummer, genuine rodeo cowboy, songwriter, and Pulitzer Prize-winner. He even got a rare co-writing credit on the song "Brownsville Girl" with Bob Dylan, and it's one of the best things Dylan ever recorded.

So sorry to hear he had ALS, which is merciless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks