What's new

Chuck Yeager Dies at 97! (1 Viewer)

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Incredible leader, brave hero, combat aviator of the highest order, aerospace pioneer, America's foremost test pilot and fastest man alive...an incredible and long lasting life...

Credited with 13 destroyed Luftwaffe Fighters in 64 missions, he also knew what it was like to be shot down...

When I have thought about Chuck Yeager, I can't help but laugh at the notion of him sheltering with the French Resistance in Nazi occupied France... a West Virginia Hillbilly masquerading as a French peasant, complete with beret!

See him perform his amazing F-86 Sabre Jet and Soviet Mig-15 aerobatic maneuvers in John Wayne's Jet Pilot (1957)...

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
one of my personal childhood hero's, growing up near the Ohio river, yes we all heard the story's his exploits, some men don't have to prove anything, they just are more than those around them, we used to call that exceptionalism and rugged individualism. Very few of them exist anymore. when I think about him as I got older, a line from Braveheart comes to mind, every man dies, not every man lives, well sir, you LIVED, bigger and bolder than most will ever know.

Thank You for your service, the world is a better place because of it, thank you for you explorations in aeronautics, and how that chanced the world as well sir. Rest in Peace, sir.

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall
Chuck Yeager with Barbara Eden in season one of I Dream of Jeannie, Bigger Than a Bread box and Better Than a Genie (originally aired on March 12, 1966)...at the time, General (then Colonel) Yeager was in Command of the Edwards AFB Test Pilot School and parts of this episode were filmed there...
1607439934873.png

1607439994114.png

1607440481839.png

1607440523080.png

1607440551071.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks