What's new

SACD Players: Listening to redbook CD's through Multichannel output (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Has anyone tried to play redbook cd's through the multichannel analogs ?...do you get a sub signal ?...I've tried that using my DVD-A player and all I get is left and right but no sub. I was wondering since my SACD player has bass mgmt this will not be the case...

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, I have never used the multi-channel outputs on my 'C555ES for playback of CDs. However, I don't think you will get sub output. I believe the bass management only applies to SACD. Of course, you could run a digital cable for playback of CDs and let your receiver do the bass management.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I have a 'C555ES and until recently had been running all source material (redbook CD, stereo SACD, and mch SACD) exclusively through the mch analog outputs. No bass mgmt is provided for redbook in the Sony unit for these outputs or the stereo analog outputs. You need to use an external means of bass mgmt for redbook. I happen to use an ICBM between my pre/pro and amp.

Doug

anthony_b

Screenwriter
So what happens when you mix CD'S and SACD's in your disc tray ?...when it comes to play the redbook CD it would just be just L/R ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks