What's new

SACD cable suggestions... (1 Viewer)

John*F

Auditioning
I have been thinking about what cables i should buy for my sacd player (sony 400 disc ES) for quite some time now. I only need at least .5 meters (20 inches) of cables. I was thinking about buying 3 sets/pairs of the monster M series RCA analog cables, however i just dont know right now. I was just wondering if anyone else had some suggestions on what would be a good idea and good quality for the price.

John*F

Auditioning
The radioshack cables are nice. I know they will do the job and thats nice in all. However you get what you pay for ultimately. I have hooked up some cheaper cables and they are still lacking. Even the acoustic research cables sounded like i was missing out on something.

I was wondering if anyone here has/had the m series 1000, 950, 850, or the 550 and are happy with them, i also looked at some audioquest which are similarily priced.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I currently use Audioquest and I like them. I didn't pay retail for the majority of them though... I've also tried a number of Monster's interconnects and I have to say they are definitely overpriced. The only ones I've liked from them so far were the THX models, and even those aren't that good. Monster isn't crap, but it IS overpriced. It's the markup that the retailers can get just becuase of the name. I also use a SonyES SACD player.

If you want a quality cable, check out www.bluejeanscable.com They offer a 6ch bundle for a very reasonable price (look under surround audio). Great build quality, quality materials, abd no BS. Reasonable prices for what you get.

There are also these AQ cables from HCM for a great price compared to the retail AQ offerings.

John*F

Auditioning
I actually did recently purchase the 6 channel blue jeans cable. Man, they are great for the price. Probably my best cable purchase ever. They sound great, and actually look really nice. What I also liked about them, is that you can choose any length needed and then opt to go with the wire loom (techflex) that makes it look neat behind your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks