What's new

Saab 93 commercial: What's that music? (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
As with most television ads these days, it's hard to remember what's even being advertised, what with the creativity getting in the way.

But the Saab 93 spot that's been airing the past couple of months is memorable because of this unforgettable tune accompanying it, and I believe it's a previously recorded piece of music.

It features a female lead vocal with both acoustic and electric guitar accompaniment, then segues into a killer, minor key-based riff augmented by what sounds like double-tr4acked vocal accompaniment--the lead vocalist, probably.

I love this tune--it's basically rock with pop overtones, emphasizing melody and hook. Really nice.

Who is it?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I am taking up Larry's suggestion, and this post/sort-of thread is now heading toward music. Because I want the answer, man! Somebody help, please. The tune will not leave my head!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Shameless bump: Tell you what, guys. Keep an eye (and ear) out for this commercial, and listen closely. Because if this is a prerecorded tune that was licensed to Saab to promote its car, then I want to get it post-haste. Thanks!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Matt: I wish there were some sort of way to give you an award. But, seriously, thanks. And what a disappointment! That's one hell of a good riff, and the vocals are simply great. I hope those session musicians are able to expand on it and make a record. Drat. It just keeps running through my head. JB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks