What's new

S&V Mag Hears noise too from Rotel unit? (1 Viewer)

Sam Sugob

Auditioning
David Ranada, as reported in the April Issue of Sound and Vision, also heard the noise reported from a few apparently astute 1066 users when he recently reviewed the Rotel 1065 receiver. Apparently, according to Rotel, both units are using some of the same internal details which are causing the same type problems.?

Strangely, he found that the 1065 receiver had worse noise on the analog inputs than on the digital inputs. Hmmm, that too may corelate to what others here on HTF have reported with the 1066? Maybe, they need to recall their receivers too?

What do you think?

Daniel G.

Auditioning
Yes! I agree. Please see my post on the 1066 thread. Briefly, I have tested two 1065 receivers with this problem before I confirmed that the 1066 did the same thing. Of course I reported this to the dealer and I know he shared this info with rotel. As I stated in the other thread, I liked the sound quality of the rotel and plan on getting the 1066 when the new shipment arrives. In the mean time, I am enjoying the 1065 receiver without the excess noise as long as I am not using the 5.1 inputs on the receiver and the video output from my dvd player at the same time. I also have an SACD with no video output so this doesn't create a problem.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks