What's new
World Wide Stereo

RX-V2400 Owners, Quick Question. (1 Viewer)

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Are your Zone 2 and Zone 3 indicators on the diplay of the receiver always lit up? Mine are and I can't seem to turn it off.

Thank You,

Steve

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tom_Mack

Stunt Coordinator
I have been trying to turn off those Zone lights on my 2400 for the past two weeks!!!

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
I e-mailed Yamaha Canada support and got the reply that the indicators being lit up is normal. This is copied and pasted from my e-mail:

"As far as Zone indicators being on, that's normal. It's just stating that zone 2 and 3 are being fed the exact same input as the zone you're listening
right now."

Sincerely,
David Susilo

So, it seems to be an odd yet normal display according to this guy from Yamaha.

Cheers,

Steve

BrentG

Stunt Coordinator
You can turn them off. Press the source button until you get zone 1 or 2, which ever you want. Then press the power button below the source button I believe. My get truned off by them selves some times and I have to turn them back on.

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
On my remote, Zone 2 and Zone 3 don't show up. It just cycles through the input choices: DTV,CBL/SAT, VCR1, DVR, DVD,V-AUX, TUNER, MD/TAPE, CD-R, CD. I don't have any thing hooked into those zones, don't know if that would change the remote's display though. Strange.

Steve

BrentG

Stunt Coordinator
Read your instructions and it tells you how to activate the zones on the remote. let me know if you cant find it.

Steve Winkler

Stunt Coordinator
Instructions... who knew. :D Thanks BrentG, I'll be digging them out and read thru that section.

Cheers,

Steve

Ross Cooper

Auditioning
Ok, zone 2 and zone 3 used to cycle through the little lcd window on the remote, but they don't anymore. I haven't programmed or altered my remote's funtionality in any way. I've scoured through the user's manual but no luck. Is there some option in the setup menus that I need to have engaged? Please Help!

thanks,
Ross

Ross Cooper

Auditioning
Thx Brent. The procedure is really quite simple once you get it, the instructions were just a little confusing on that page. I was relieved when I let out a satisfactoy DUH outloud!

Ross Cooper

Auditioning
Another few follow up questions... Does the YPAO feature stay on even in "direct stereo"? The only time the little red "optimizer" light goes off is when I go in and select GEQ. Is there a way to manually scroll through radio stations sequentially, instead of presets from the remote? Has anyones cooling fan kicked in yet? Finally, what is the loudest you've cranked the 2400 up to(-15 for me)?

thx,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks