What's new

Rush In Rio is finally here. (2 Viewers)

Thanks for the link Paul, your post is interesting ....I had notice about the camera aroud Neil.

As for me, I can live with format but MAN THIS IS A TURN OFF, after all the anticipation I had with this DVD, the suprise of not finding the DTS option or and starting the show in "full mode" and seeing Alex Lifeson even larger than he is today :D its really sad...

For me I dont regret my 16:9 tube, for my viewing %, 16:9 is still the majority.

I have full control of 4/3 material on my TV and there are some very good "fitting algorithm" screen mode on my tosbiba so I can live with that.

BTW, 4:3 fitted "Simpson" dont look that bad an a 16:9 screen?

Adam_R

Second Unit
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN

I WANTED ANAMORPHIC SO BAD!!!

At least the DD 5.1 track is sweet!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Personally, I would rather have anamorphic enhancement over DTS if there was a choice, but to not have either ... that is a bummer.
Why on earth would you value an anamorphic transfer over superior audio for a CONCERT??? (Maybe if it was Britney Spears or J-Lo, but this ain't the most photogenic group around!)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Why on earth would you value an anamorphic transfer over superior audio for a CONCERT???
Because a lot of people don't believe DTS delivers superior sound. Some would consider superior sound would be a 2 channel PCM track.

To be honest, the quality of the sound was probably limited in the first place...

Jason

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, it is not anamorphic. The dark scenes are too dark and 16:9 enhancement could have really improved those scenes.

Personally, I would rather have anamorphic enhancement over DTS if there was a choice, but to not have either ... that is a bummer.
I agree.

This will be a no purchase for me, despite loving Rush.

There is no excuse for not having this with an anamorphic transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks