What's new

RT 2600 -> HTR 5940 better? (1 Viewer)

Wiznaz

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
I was a not so happy owner of the RCA RT 2600 HTIB set up as the optical jack didnt work on the back of the system. I carried on for about 2 years with it as I was a college student and it got me by with the R+W component audio. Luckily when i purchased it from radio shack, I bought the 4 year warranty with it. So what happened was I brought it in to get repaired (and to fix the recall on it also) and they couldnt seem to fix it. They said for me to return to the store I bought it from and theyd replace it with something comparable. So somehow it seems I made out on the deal considering they gave me a (MSRP $300) Yamaha HTR 5940 receiver. I'd have to re-use the RCA speakers and it looks I have to purchase a self-amped sub with a component cable rather than my old + and - RCA sub with built in amp in the receiver. I had originally upgraded the wires to 14 AWG if that makes any difference. But my question is this..did I get the better end of the deal? I assume the new receiver would make my system more upgradeable. I cant find any reviews on the system so any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
The HTR5960 receiver is far superior to your old RT-2600. You definately got the better end of the deal!

HTR5960 has 6.1 channels rated at 0.06% THD, while the RCA unit has 5.1 channels rated at 0.09% THD (not very good). I don't believe the RCA receiver even has component inputs. The HTR5960 alone costs more than the RCA receiver including speakers and sub.

Wiznaz

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike

I'm sorry I meant to type HTR-5940. I will fix the typo in the OP.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks