What's new

RP91 Supply voltage? (1 Viewer)

Martin Evans

Auditioning
Hi,
In "The Land that Time Forgot" (New Zealand) we can only read about the new models that you folks are buying and drool. Panasonic here have no idea when, if ever the RP91 will be available so I am looking to buy on line. Could one of you lucky owners check round the back and see if it is dual voltage, 120/240? The information is not given in the model spec. Would the fact that we are 50Hz here cause any problems?
Thanks in advance
Martin

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
I too live in a land where 220 is king. The RP91 is not dual-voltage but it shouldn't be too much trouble looking for a step-down transformer to take care of that problem. Unfortunately, I don't know what long term effects using 50Hz on a 60Hz machine will bring. I know that for VCRs the main effect is that the onboard clock runs a bit slower (or is it a bit faster)?

Martin Evans

Auditioning
Thanks Ari,
A 'normal' single phase motor would run faster but maybe the drives on DVD Players are more sophisticated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks